At last week’s informational briefing on medical marijuana, some legislators asked Mayor Robert Jacob of Sebastopol, CA (the first mayor to be a dispensary owner) about the link between dispensaries and crime. It has long been part of the Police resistance to dispensaries that they will inevitably lead to an increase in crime. Mayor Jacob presented a different picture, that of a responsible dispensary that was a meaningful part of the community, that led to a noticeable decrease in crime in the immediate area. Now it seems that studies are backing up the mayor’s perspective. Read the story here at the Denver Westword’s site.
2014 Legislature OpensJanuary 15th, 2014
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Dispensaries Task Force is Kicking into High Gear
- Senate About to Vote on Defunding DEA Raids on Medical Cannabis
- New Mexico Court of Appeals Rules That Cannabis is Covered by Insurance
- Executive Director Mike Attocknie Speaks on HPR’s The Conversation
- DEA Accused of Blackmailing Doctors in Massachusetts